- Almost every day in the news we learn of another mass killing spree – in a school – in a work place – at a concert – or just in the streets.
- Fights are breaking out at sporting events – on airplanes – at social events – on highways – road rage is rampant.
- Domestic violence is increasing.
- Huge numbers of people are becoming addicted to drugs.
- We are experiencing global warming – the glaciers are melting and waters are rising.
- The weather has become erratic and large numbers of people are being killed by major storms, fires and floods.
- We are seeing corruption in government – the legal system – businesses – the internet – illegal schemes to defraud people, etc.
We could go on and on, but we all see these things happening in our world every day. Is this the kind of world we want to live in? I think I hear a loud clear NO.
Is there anything we can do to change it? The answer is an emphatic YES!
Science now knows everyone and everything in the entire universe is connected. What does that mean? It means that what affects any of us affects all of us and what affects us also affects our environment. Everyone and everything is connected.
We also now know it is our beliefs that create our experiences and the beliefs of everyone in the world create world experiences. Einstein said, “The world is nothing more and nothing less than the collective thoughts of all the people.”
Scientists around the world are finding many (maybe most) of the things we believed in the past were not true. They are discovering things simply do not work the way we thought they did. Therefore, our entire world society has been built on incorrect beliefs which have created the world we see around us today.
We were taught we are all separate entities and we are on our own. We have to take care of ourselves regardless of how it affects others.
We can actually trace all the above mentioned problems back to this one incorrect belief. If we had understood we are all connected and what affects any of us affects all of us and our environment, we would have avoided all these problems.
It wouldn’t make sense to take from or hurt someone else if you knew you were also taking from or hurting yourself as well.
In the past we were limited to the knowledge we had at the time, but now we know much more we must let go of our old way of thinking – our old beliefs.
We now also know our thoughts are creative and when we integrate this new knowledge into our thinking, which will provide us with a new way of seeing the world, we must change our beliefs and our thinking but we can do this and create a different world.